Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back from Ohio.........

....and oh, what a trip it was! :) :) :)

First off, let me say THANK you to all who sent cheerful and kind birthday wishes. I Heart my blogland pals!

Wed 7/9 : Arrived kinda late from Tucson via DFW --which- PS, if you are unfortunate to have a 3hr layover, like me, there are plenty of delicious things to eat, cool stores to browse around in...AND * BONUS*-- a stop and drop pedi/mani place to get a lil' quickie before you hop on the plane in your flip flops! (Found that place a little TOO late, as I had a half hour til boarding..) Proceeded to have a free ROW--yes, a ROW--of seats to myself and spread out with my Marie Claire, iPod, and Mentos.

Thurs 7/10: Time changes do nothing for your training, I swear!!!!!!! I "slept in" til about 730am...but you know what??? I remembered that "Shit it's NOT 108 degrees here at 730am!?" So no biggie getting my run in later in the pleasant and balmy Midwestern temps......A PERFECT run......I always have those "perfect runs" on the first day of vacation, you know what I mean? (note to reader: Dayton ain't vacation, its just a good familiar) I really ENJOY that first run when I step foot on the home turf. Its green, its lush, its hilly, and its new, at least for today:) Plus, in the words of everyone's favorite tattooed rapper .."go shawwty, its your birfday...."...it ain't ya birfday if you DON'T have a good run, eh????????

My mom and I decided that the perfect day for my turning THE BIG 3-0 would be to mellow by the pool and get our lazy river on and pummel down waterslides!!.....WAHOO!!! We hopped in the car and set off to a little mini waterpark (now referred to as "Wal-Mart with Water"-- if ya know what I'm sayin) It was quite interesting-the crowds of people, that is :) And truly a fun afternoon of conversation and quality time with my momma!

Fri 7/11 and Sat 7/12: WEDDING!!! My stepsis tied the knot and what a beautiful bride she is!!! We had a great time eating, dancing, and ("of-course-I-would -like -a- 4th -glass-I -have -no -race-to -train -for right now") drinking champagne!!!!! A very full and happy two days of rehearsal dinners, lunches, wedding pics, wedding pre-gaming, wedding post-gaming......all reminding this "healthy " girl WHY exactly I gave up the late nights and parties and drinking more than 2 beers in 30 minutes a very long long long time ago!! I swear, did I really used to stay out past 2am for 4 nights straight in college??? All while managing decent grades, and a very active lifestyle on cross country and training for tri's....perhaps that explains my lack of ability to win or place well at these events....Hmmmmmmmmm, now if I could only turn back the clock.......

Wow, times have surely changed. For the better.

Now, I am back to what I call "Tucson Reality"......buried under a pile of dirty running shorts, a danced-out black party dress, and a time zone traveling hangover that has got me wondering, "where did the time go? it seems like just yesterday that........" Oh, how the good times fly by.

Its time to de-blog, and un-pack! G'nite!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm here by way of Jen Harrison's blog ... Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a marvelous time!

Joanna said...

Hey Mere... Another good blog, I felt like I was there each day on the vacation. And, it made me think of Ohio and how it would be nice to get back to those rolling green hills of Athens, at least for a short time. Love to you!